Did You Know?

Did you know that you do not need to proceed through the Family Court or Federal Circuit Court to formalise an Agreement. If you and your former spouse have reached an agreement, the agreement may be formalised by way of a Binding Financial Agreement, Binding Child Support Agreement or Consent Orders.

Did you know that if you die without a Will in place, your estate may take longer to process and this will involve lodging Letters of Administration with the Supreme Court.  This will delay the distribution of your estate to your loved ones.

Did you know that the proceeds of your estate cannot be distributed to your loved ones until the expiration of nine (9) months from the date of your death.

Did you know that there are two types of Child Support Agreement - Non-Binding Child Support Agreement and a Binding Child Support Agreement. To discuss the difference in the agreement, please contact us.

Did you know that to make a Binding Financial Agreement "binding" the other party must have independent legal advice and each Lawyer must give specific advice as required under the Family Law Act 1975 and sign a Certificate and give a letter of having given the advice.

Did you know that you can place a Caveat over a property that your spouse may own in their sole name to stop them from dealing with the property within strict time limits  to allow time for negotiations and/or to commence Court action.  For more information contact us.

Did you know that you need to have a "registered" Enduring Power of Attorney before your attorney can use the Enduring Power of Attorney to sell or mortgage with real property (real estate).

Did you know that domestic violence is not just considered to be physical abuse.  Domestic violence comes in all forms and can be sexually, emotionally, psychologically or economically abusive behaviour, threatening or coercive; or in any other way controls or dominates another person causing fear. For more information contact us.

Did you know when you require a work license it is very important that you obtain expert legal advice before your first court appearance and before you pay any fines imposed.

sbA 475 Lutwyche Rd, Lutwyche QLD 4030 P: (07) 3359 2166